Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dallas BBQ East Village






I love my friend Marsha. She is one of the lights of my life. We went to dinner Tuesday night before a birthday party (happy birthday comtois!). Both of us being cash poor we wanted to keep things cheap. We were in the East Village so I automatically recommended Yokocho (I LOVE YOKOCHO) and Klong (cheap thai on St. Marks). Unfortunatley Marsha hates the entire continent of Asia. This isn't true, but I enjoy hyperbole. She does however love chain restaurants. So Dallas BBQ here we come!










So when I think Dallas BBQ I think of giant glass of booze like the tangerine margarita with an extra shot that I started with. Apparently you're supposed to do the shot and then drink your margarita. I didn't understand this (Notice the confusion on my face). I poured the extra booze in my drink and went to town. My thinking is this, if i'm going to Dallas BBQ I'm not going to order a diet coke and a salad. I want some chicken and a big glass of booze.





There's also some fried shrimp on that plate a backed potato and some cornbread. After that meal i kind of wanted to die. But in a good way. The BBQ sauce there was more sweet than spicey but it was still great. Marsha had the roast chicken white meat only (I'm a dark meat only girl this is why we are great dinner companions). Both Marsha and I left stuffed with chicken and happy as clams! And dinner was cheapish, which is always good so i can spend more money at better restaurants. Retirement be damned!


On a somewhat related note, the service was fair, nothing crazy good, but we were well taken care of. The table next to us however seemed to be having alot of problems with the server. And dealt with it the entirely wrong way. Instead of being oh what's the word, a bitch when service is poor, the best thing to do in my opionion is to be extra nice. This is not earth shattering advice, but lets face it none of you are coming here for the answer to peace in the middle east. As someone who is in the service industry, we make mistakes, we're sorry it would be nice if you didn't treat us like idiots or human filth because of it. Love me.


Oh and here's a picture of Marsha about two seconds before a brain freeze


4 comments:

joshiku said...

gross.

(i love the taco salad, however.)

Scott said...

Why didn't I know you had a blog?! Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this?!

Anyway, glad I found it. Now you are part of the blog-reader and timewasters at work. Hope I see you soon.

Teresa said...

I lurve Dallas BBQ. I'm not ashamed. They make some good comfort chicken. And their drinks are the size of your head! How could that ever be wrong?

Unknown said...

Heaven is watching a big thugged out darkie drink a frozen apple-tini like it was some serious gangsta shit... on that note I do love those fruity specialties.